- This event has passed.
November Meetup – Security
November 2, 2017 @ 19:00 - 21:00Free
The WordPress Meetup is hosted at The House, a co-working space for creative businesses in the centre of Tunbridge Wells.
This month, it’s all about security.
Beginners (Intro): Dominic Johnson, Miramedia
- What is WordPress security?
- Why WordPress security is so important?
- Why would anyone want to hack your WordPress site?
- Is WordPress particularly vulnerable?
- Plugins for Securing your WordPress Site.
Talk 2: Secure your site in 10 Minutes: Spencer Nash, SGN Media
- Change Login page URL
- Create editors rather than admins
- Install JetPack (Stops Brute Force/limit login attempts).
- Hide key files (wp-config.php and .htaccess)
- Disable file editing
Talk 3: Now we’re getting technical: Andrew Dixon, MSO
- SSL certificates. What are they, why are they a good thing and the different types
- Backup plugins
- Server security
- Wordfence (how to configure the free version)
As always there will be lots of chat and opportunities to share your experiences. Oh and Pizza and Beer (and soft drinks) because after all, it is a digital event.
Remember – free parking Thursday night at the Cresent Road car park.